What Are the Different Units of the Arcadia Police Department?
At the helm of the Arcadia Police Department is Police Chief Roy Nakamura. Under his able leadership, the department is segmented into specialized units, each dedicated to a unique area of law enforcement:
- Police Chief’s Office: As the highest-ranking office, this section guides the overall strategy and operations of the department. It’s the seat of decision-making and administrative supervision.
- Operations Division Commander: This division is responsible for the daily law enforcement activities, ensuring that patrolling, traffic control, and community policing are efficiently managed.
- Administration Division Commander: This unit oversees administrative functions such as recruitment, training, finance, and equipment management.
- Detective Bureau: This team of detectives investigates complex and serious crimes. They dive deep into cases, gather evidence, and help bring criminals to justice.
- Crimes Against Persons Units: These units focus on crimes directly affecting individuals, from assault to more grievous offenses.
- Crimes Against Property: Dedicated to property offenses., this unit investigates burglaries, thefts, and vandalism.
- Forgery/Fraud: As the name suggests, this unit probes into cases related to financial fraud, identity theft, and counterfeiting.
- Quality of Life Investigations: This division addresses community concerns like noise complaints, nuisance properties, and other quality-of-life issues.
- Traffic/Grand Theft Auto Investigations: This unit deals with traffic violations and automobile thefts, ensuring safer roads for Arcadia’s residents.
What is the History of the Arcadia Police Department?
The Arcadia Police Department has a rich history that dates back to 1903. In its inception phase, the residents of Arcadia felt the need for an organized law enforcement body, leading to the foundation of this department. Initially established as a city marshal’s office to oversee the security of the newly incorporated city, it transitioned into a full-fledged police department in 1926. This evolution marked the beginning of a department that would grow in strength, resources, and significance over the years.
How Does the Arcadia Police Department Serve the Community?
The Arcadia Police Department is more than just a law enforcement body; it’s a cornerstone of the community. Their emphasis on “making a difference” is evident in the proactive measures they take to engage with the public. Regular community outreach programs, public consultations, and an open-door policy ensure that every resident’s voice is heard and addressed.
Their collaborations with community entities, including the PASADENA HUMANE SOCIETY AND SPCA, showcase their dedication to holistic community service. Addressing issues ranging from animal welfare to public safety, the Arcadia Police Department seamlessly merges its law enforcement duties with societal responsibilities.
Another testament to their community-centric approach is their active involvement in patrolling and securing major local events. Notable among these is the Santa Anita Derby, a marquee event that sees thousands of visitors. With their unwavering vigilance, they ensure such events proceed without a hitch, ensuring safety for all.
The department prioritizes accessibility. With a responsive system that addresses emergencies around the clock and an efficient non-emergency helpline, they ensure that every resident, whether in distress or seeking general information, receives timely assistance.
The Arcadia Police Department is a beacon of trust, collaboration, and dedication, continually striving for a safer, happier, and cohesive community.
Address: 250 W. Huntington Dr. Arcadia CA 91007
Click here to view Arcadia accident reports