What Are The Different Divisions of the Fountain Valley Police Department
Kevin Childe serves as the Chief of Police for the Fountain Valley Police Department. This Department boasts various sections that work together seamlessly to offer comprehensive security and protection services:
- Patrol Unit: This unit is responsible for regular patrolling of the city, responding to emergency calls, and preventing crime. It comprises uniformed officers who monitor the city round-the-clock.
- K-9 Unit: Paired with trained police dogs, the officers in this section assist in tasks like search and rescue, detecting illegal substances, and chasing down suspects.
- Traffic Unit: In charge of monitoring and controlling road safety, this unit ensures adherence to traffic rules and investigates road mishaps.
- SWAT Team: Highly trained professionals ready to respond to high-risk situations like terror threats or hostage situations.
- Community Resource & School Resource Officers: Focused on community outreach, these officers work in schools and neighborhoods, ensuring safety and fostering good relations between the police and residents.
- Field Training & Senior Officer Program: This program ensures that new officers receive rigorous training under the mentorship of experienced officers.
- Dispatch Center: Manned 24/7, the dispatch center is the primary point of contact for residents in distress, directing appropriate resources to emergencies.
What is the History of the Fountain Valley Police Department?
The Fountain Valley Police Department has its roots deeply embedded in the growth of the Fountain Valley city itself. As the city prospered, the need for a dedicated law enforcement agency became paramount, leading to the establishment of this Department. Over the years, it has seen numerous transformations, growing in size and capability to serve the evolving needs of its community.
How Does the Fountain Valley Police Department Serve the Area?
The Fountain Valley Police Department plays a pivotal role in making sure that the city remains a safe haven for its residents. By partnering with the community, the Department promotes public safety for residents, businesses, and visitors. They embrace a collaborative approach, understanding that public safety is a shared responsibility.
Local initiatives such as the “Neighborhood Watch” exemplify this collaboration. This program is a concerted effort by the Members of the community to work with the police department to combat crime, protect property, and ensure safe neighborhoods. By establishing smaller groups of 15-20 households, they simplify communication and enforcement, leading to more effective crime prevention.
The Crime Prevention officer actively collaborates with local residents. Whether it’s assisting in setting up a new Neighborhood Watch group or providing crime prevention tips and updates on crime trends, this officer ensures that the public remains informed and vigilant.
The Department also leverages technology, allowing residents to submit emergency contact information, report issues like barking dogs, and even pay parking citations online. Such initiatives not only make services more accessible but also foster a sense of trust and cooperation between the police and the community.
Address: 10200 Slater Ave, Fountain Valley, California, 92708-4736, United States.
Click here to view Fountain Valley accident reports.