What Are the Different Units of the Frisco Police Department?
The Frisco Police Department is headed by Police Chief David Shilson. It is structured into various major sections or units, each playing a crucial role in community service and law enforcement:
- Patrol Division: This is the most visible unit of the department, responsible for responding to calls for service and conducting preventive patrols in the city. Officers in the Patrol Division are the first to respond to emergencies and routine incidents.
- Criminal Investigations Division: This division handles the investigation of crimes reported to the department. It includes detectives who specialize in areas such as violent crimes, property crimes, and juvenile cases.
- Community Services Division: The Community Services Division is responsible for enhancing the relationship between the police and the community. This involves organizing and participating in community outreach programs, public education, and fostering a positive police-community relationship.
- Traffic Unit: This unit is focused on ensuring the safety of motorists, pedestrians, and cyclists. They respond to traffic incidents, enforce traffic laws, and conduct accident investigations.
- Administrative Services: This section ensures the smooth operation of the department. They handle responsibilities like human resources, budgeting, records, and internal affairs.
What is the History of the Frisco Police Department?
The Frisco Police Department, established alongside the development of Frisco City, has a history steeped in dedication to community service and the pursuit of justice. The department has grown in lockstep with the city’s rapid expansion, adapting to changing demographics and evolving community needs.
In its early years, the department operated with a small team focused on maintaining law and order in the then relatively quiet city. Today, it is a comprehensive, full-service law enforcement agency reflective of the diverse and dynamic city it serves. The department continues to strive towards excellence, incorporating advanced technology, progressive training, and community engagement in its operations.
How Does the Frisco Police Department Serve the People?
The Frisco Police Department plays a vital role in maintaining the safety and security of the community. It operates with a commitment to transparency, accountability, and community engagement. These principles guide their interaction with the public, fostering a sense of trust and partnership between the police and the citizens they serve.
To further strengthen community relations, the department actively involves residents in its operations through initiatives like neighborhood watch programs, community events, and public safety education sessions. These efforts create open lines of communication, encouraging the public to voice their concerns and contribute to improving public safety.
The department has shown its dedication to learning from its mistakes, as evidenced by a recent incident involving a family from Arkansas. Following an erroneous traffic stop, Chief David Shilson acknowledged the error publicly, emphasizing the department’s commitment to accountability and continuous learning. By demonstrating this openness and willingness to improve, the Frisco Police Department underscores its mission to serve the community effectively and responsibly.
The Frisco Police Department is more than just a law enforcement agency. It is a vital part of the community, dedicated to maintaining peace, upholding justice, and building a safer, more connected Frisco.
Address: 7200 Stonebrook Parkway, Frisco, TX 75034.
Click here to view Frisco accident reports