What Are the Different Sections of the Miramar Police Department?
Under the leadership of the Police Department Administrator, Maylling Aguirre, the Miramar Police Department is sectioned into various units, each playing a crucial role in safeguarding the community.
- General Information and Non-Emergency Services: This unit serves as the primary contact point for residents, handling general queries and non-urgent matters. They can be reached at 954-602-4000 and 954-764-4357, respectively.
- Criminal Investigations Division: Specializing in probing serious and complex crimes, this unit is central to solving cases and bringing culprits to justice. They can be contacted at 954-602-4120.
- Human Resources: This division oversees recruitment, training, and workforce management for the police department. They can be reached at 954-602-3800.
- Internal Affairs: The Internal Affairs team ensures transparency, integrity, and professionalism within the department by investigating complaints and allegations of misconduct against department personnel. Their contact number is 954-602-3843.
- Media Relations: Serving as the bridge between the department and the public, this unit handles media inquiries and manages the department’s public image. They can be contacted at 954-602-4015.
- Property Evidence / Crime Scene Unit: This team manages evidence collection and storage, playing a key role in solving crimes and supporting judicial processes. They can be reached at 954-602-4140.
What is the History of the Miramar Police Department?
This department has always been committed to creating a safe and secure community. Over the years, it has evolved and adapted to the changing needs of Miramar residents, utilizing modern policing techniques and technology to ensure effective service delivery.
How Does the Miramar Police Department Serve the Community?
The Miramar Police Department goes beyond the typical call of duty in maintaining peace and order. Recognizing the importance of community collaboration, they have established several initiatives designed to foster strong relationships with residents. Their community policing approach is integral to their success, emphasizing engagement, collaboration, and shared responsibility.
To build trust and facilitate communication, they offer various services like the Miramar Helpline, a dedicated contact point for residents’ concerns and suggestions. Additionally, the Police Athletic League and the Chaplains Unit provide opportunities for positive interaction between police and community members, promoting mutual respect and understanding.
They are committed to ensuring accessibility and inclusivity in their operations, with their headquarters being wheelchair-accessible and accepting credit card payments. This approach reflects the department’s dedication to serving all members of the community, embodying their mantra of protection and service.
The Miramar Police Department embodies the essence of community policing. By forging strong relationships with the community and implementing innovative strategies, they ensure that Miramar remains a safe and vibrant place to live, work, and visit.
Address: The Miramar Police Department headquarters is located at 11765 City Hall Promenade, Miramar, FL 33025.
Click here to view Miramar accident reports.