What Are the Different Sections of the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department?
At the helm of this department is Captain Donny Mahoney, leading a team of highly skilled Sheriff’s personnel. The department is divided into several critical sections, each one serving a specific purpose:
- Patrol Division: This team remains the backbone of the department, providing 24/7 surveillance and maintaining order within the city.
- Traffic Enforcement Unit: Responsible for ensuring the safety of the community’s roadways, this unit handles traffic violations, conducts DUI checkpoints, and investigates major traffic accidents.
- Major Accident Investigation Team (MAIT): This unit takes on the investigation of severe traffic accidents, using their specialized training to gather evidence, establish facts, and ascertain causes.
- Commercial Enforcement Unit: Ensuring the safe operation of commercial vehicles within the city falls under this unit’s purview.
- Bicycle Enforcement Team: A unique division of officers on bikes who monitor recreational areas, contribute to community policing efforts and provide a quick response to incidents.
- School Resource Officers: These officers work within the schools, providing safety education, handling incidents on school property, and fostering positive relationships between the police and young community members.
- Crime Prevention Unit: This proactive team focuses on preventing crime through education, community outreach, and fostering strong partnerships between the police and the community.
What is the History of the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department?
Since the incorporation of the City of Rancho Cucamonga in 1977, the Police Department has been a contract division of the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department. Over the years, the department has evolved and grown with the community, extending its services to meet the rising needs of the ever-expanding city. It has consistently prioritized public safety and strived to uphold the “quality of life” that defines the community of Rancho Cucamonga.
How Does the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department Serve the People?
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Department serves its community by going beyond the call of duty. It is not merely about enforcing laws; it’s about actively contributing to community growth. The police personnel engage with citizens regularly, creating a mutual dialogue that leads to successful crime prevention strategies. This positive interaction fosters a sense of security and trust among the residents, attributed to the city’s low crime rate.
The department also shows its dedication through its resources for community education. The officers participate in outreach initiatives to keep the community informed about safety measures and the prevention of crime. Their role as educators empowers the public, leading to a more proactive and aware community.
The Rancho Cucamonga Police Department exemplifies the spirit of collaboration. Working hand-in-hand with city leaders, they devote substantial resources to creating a safe and family-oriented community. This synergy between law enforcement and civic leadership has yielded a prosperous city that the citizens can be proud of and a police department truly dedicated to its community.
Address: 10510 Civic Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730.
Click here to view Rancho Cucamonga accident reports.