A Simple Way to Obtain Your Collision report Online
If you were injured in an auto accident in Bakersfield City that was not your fault, you need to get a copy of your traffic report for your records, as soon as possible. Search our crash report information center and get a copy of your motor vehicle police report as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Kern county Crash report?
Accident victims can get a copy of their Bakersfield police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Bakersfield Police Department.
The Bakersfield Police Department in Kern County offers three ways to get a copy of your traffic report.
You can visit the Bakersfield Police Department’s website and fill out a Record Request form to learn how to obtain a copy of your police incident report online.
To obtain a report in person, you can visit the Bakersfield Police Department and fill out a Records Request form to obtain a copy of your traffic report.
The Bakersfield Police Department in Kern County is located at:
1601 Truxtun Ave
You can purchase a BPD traffic report from the Bakersfield Police Department in Kern County between the hours of 8 am and 3:30 pm Monday through Friday.
Contact the department before you pick up your report to ensure it’s available.
Bakersfield Police Department phone: 661-326-3883
Obtain a Copy of a BPD Traffic Report By Mail
For mail requests, you’ll send a written request to the Bakersfield Police Department in Kern County, in addition to your mailing address, a stamped envelope, and the report fee, to:
1601 Truxtun Ave
When Will My Kern county Incident report Be Available?
The Kern County report process can take five to seven business days after the request is made. Some reports may take up to ten business days to process unless there is an active accident investigation. If the accident involved a crime or fatality, you may not receive your requested report for several months or until the fatal collision investigation has concluded.
How Much Do Kern county Collision reports Cost?
Payment of reports will depend on how you obtain a crime report. Traffic reports are $7 per copy. Accepted forms of payment include debit cards, credit cards, personal check, or money order. Make the money order or check payable to the City of Bakersfield.
What Information is in a Bakersfield police department Collision report?
- Contact information for all parties involved in the motor vehicle crash, including their full names and contact details, as well as any witnesses.
- The reporting law enforcement officer’s assessment of who was at fault and how and why the accident occurred.
- A diagram depicting the crash site, including details such as vehicle positions, road markings, and other pertinent information.
- Information on insurance policies held by all drivers involved in the accident.
- Driver’s license numbers and license plate numbers/vehicle identification numbers for all drivers involved.
- Description of personal injuries sustained in the crash, including any medical treatment required, hospitalization, and follow-up care.
- Description of vehicle and property damage incurred during the accident, including cost estimates and photographs.
- Statements provided by witnesses and their contact information, including those that may support or contradict the law enforcement officer’s findings.
- Citations issued or arrests made, including violations such as speeding, reckless driving, DUI, DWI, failure to yield, etc.
- Details on road and weather conditions at the time of the accident, as well as any other factors that may have contributed to the crash, such as road debris, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, trucks, or broken traffic signals or signs.
- Actions taken by the police officers in response to the accident.
- The type of accident that occurred, such as a scooter, Uber, truck, motorcycle, head-on collision, rear-end accident, rollover collision, scooter, or pedestrian incident.
Who Can Get an Unredacted Bakersfield police department Traffic crash Report?
- All parties involved in the auto accident
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor involved in the car crash
- Insurance company
- Vehicle owner
- Accident attorney
- Law enforcement officer
Why Can't I Locate My Kern county Accident report?
If the Bakersfield Police Department does not have a record of your traffic report, it’s possible that it was filed with another local law enforcement agency. The Kern County Sheriff’s Office handles traffic collisions that occur outside of the BPD’s jurisdiction.
To learn more, contact a public information officer in the Records Department at the Kern County Sheriff’s Office.
Kern County Sheriff’s Office phone: (661) 391-7500
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Kern county Police report?
If you sustained major injuries or property damage due to an accident in Bakersfield City that was not your fault, you may be eligible to file an auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation for the damages you sustained in the crash. An experienced injury attorney will use important information in the report to help strengthen your claim for compensation.
This information can include:
- The reporting agency officer’s opinion regarding which driver they believe was responsible for the collision
- A diagram of the accident scene
- Description of bodily injury/major injuries
- Description of vehicle damage/property damage
- Witness statements
- Anything that may have contributed to the accident, such as brake lights, debris on the road, inclement weather conditions, etc.
- Any citations issued by the Bakersfield Police Department at the time of the motor vehicle crash for traffic law violation
A Personal injury lawyer
A personal injury attorney can use the information found in a crash report when negotiating with an insurance company to help you obtain the compensation you deserve for medical treatment, lost wages, and other damages.
How Can I Get My Bakersfield City Crash report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can search our traffic accident information center and obtain a copy of your Kern County traffic report as soon as it’s available. Getting a copy of your California accident report has never been easier. Start your search now by filling out the form on this page and submitting your accident information to get assistance.