Help During a Difficult Time
At AccidentReports.com, we’ve created an innovative crash report data center that allows accident victims to obtain a copy of their collision reports, as soon as possible. If you need help locating a copy of your accident report, start your search now by filling out the form on this page and submitting your accident information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Traffic Accident Report?
You can get a copy of your Fountain Valley police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Fountain Valley Police Department. The Fountain Valley Police Department offers two ways to get a copy of your accident report.
Visit the Fountain Valley Police Department to request a copy of your report. You must fill out a Release of Records Form, show your valid photo ID, and pay the police records fee. The department is located at:10200 Slater Avenue Fountain Valley, CA92708
Visit the Fountain Valley Police Department’s website to learn how to get your crash report online.
When Can I Request a Copy of My Accident Report?
You must wait a minimum of twenty-one days from the date of the accident to request a copy of your traffic accident report. The report must be reviewed, processed, and approved for release.
What Information is in a Collision Report?
Crash reports contain accident details, such as:
- The names and contact information of all parties involved
- The location, time, and, date of the traffic collision
- A diagram of the accident, including the path, location, and collision point
- Insurance information
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Witness statements and contact information
- A description of any injuries sustained by parties involved
- A description of vehicle damage and other personal property damage
- Weather and road conditions
- Anything that may have contributed to the crash, such as debris on the road, traffic jams, or another accident
- Actions of police officers, including the issuance of citations and arrests made
Who Can Get an Unredacted Traffic Report?
- All parties involved in the accident
- Registered vehicle owners
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor involved in the crash
- Insurance companies
- Accident attorneys
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Collision Police Report?
If you were involved in a car crash that was not your fault, you might be entitled to compensation for your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. A crash report includes important information that can help prove the other driver breached their duty of care and that breach resulted in an auto accident and your injuries. This information includes the statement made by the other driver, the police officer’s opinion concerning how the accident took place and why, and which driver the officer believed was at fault, a description of your injuries and vehicle damage, witness statements, and more. An experienced auto accident attorney will use this information when negotiating with the other motorist’s insurance provider to fight for the compensation you’re owed for damages.
How Can I Get My Police Crash Report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our collision report information center to get a copy of your CA crash report, as soon as it’s available. We know how difficult life can be following a serious auto accident, so we’ve made it our mission to help accident victims get a copy of this important document for their records. To begin your search, fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information.