A Better Way to Get Your Collision report Now
At AccidentReports.com, you can search our safe, intuitive crash report information center to locate a copy of your Mesquite crash report online the moment it’s available. To begin your search now, fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information.
Police report Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Killeen Police report?
You can get a copy of your Mesquite police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Mesquite Police Department.
The Mesquite Police Department offers three ways to request your report.
Visit the Mesquite Police Department in person to request a copy of your traffic accident report.
The Mesquite Police Department Records Section is located at:
777 N. Galloway Ave.
Copies of your report are available for a fee of $6 each. Copies can be obtained in person or by mail. Requests cannot be handled by phone or fax.
You must fill out a Records Request Form, show your valid driver’s license and photo ID, and pay the appropriate fee.
For mail requests, submit a written request to the Mesquite Police Department:
Mesquite Police Department Records Section
P.O. Box 850137
Your request must contain the following accident details:
- Name of one of the parties involved in the crash
- Date of the accident
- Accident location
- Service number
- Money order or check made payable to the City of Mesquite
Online Mesquite Police records Search
Contact the Mesquite Police Department to learn how to request a copy of your crash report online.
How Much Do Mesquite city Accident Records and Police records Cost?
A Mesquite Police Department Accident report and Mesquite police records are $6.00 per copy.
What if the Mesquite PD Doesn't Have a Record of My Traffic collision?
It’s possible another local law enforcement agency responded to your accident. Check other local police departments, including the Irving Police Department, to learn more.
When Will My Mesquite police department's Accident report Be Available?
Your Mesquite Police Department accident report should be available within seven business days, unless there is an ongoing police investigation or the accident involved a fatality, in which case, the report may be unavailable for several weeks or months.
What Information is in a Collision Police report?
Mesquite Police Department accident reports contain basic details including:
- Contact information for all parties involved in the motor vehicle crash, including their full names and contact details, as well as any witnesses.
- The reporting law enforcement officer’s assessment of who was at fault and how and why the accident occurred.
- A diagram depicting the crash site, including details such as vehicle positions, road markings, and other pertinent information.
- Information on insurance policies held by all drivers involved in the accident.
- Driver’s license numbers and license plate numbers/vehicle identification numbers for all drivers involved.
- Description of personal injuries sustained in the crash, including any medical treatment required, hospitalization, and follow-up care.
- Description of vehicle and property damage incurred during the accident, including cost estimates and photographs.
- Statements provided by witnesses and their contact information, including those that may support or contradict the law enforcement officer’s findings.
- Citations issued or arrests made, including violations such as speeding, reckless driving, DUI, DWI, failure to yield, etc.
- Details on road and weather conditions at the time of the accident, as well as any other factors that may have contributed to the crash, such as road debris, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, trucks, or broken traffic signals or signs.
- Actions taken by the police officers in response to the accident.
- The type of accident that occurred, such as a scooter, Uber, truck, motorcycle, head-on collision, rear-end accident, rollover collision, scooter, or pedestrian incident.
Who Can Get an Unredacted Mesquite police department Crash report?
Eligible persons who can obtain an unredacted crash report include all parties involved, insurance companies, the parent or legal guardian of a minor, registered vehicle owners, and personal injury attorneys.
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Mesquite Police records?
In the event that you are injured in a car accident, you may have the right to seek compensation. This can be achieved through working with a personal injury lawyer and pursuing either an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Working With a Personal injury attorney
The accident report, which includes details such as the responding police officer’s opinion on who was at fault, a description of any injuries sustained, damage to your vehicle, witness statements, and any citations issued for traffic violations, can be used as evidence to support your claim. By leveraging this information, a skilled personal injury lawyer can help you negotiate a fair settlement that covers the cost of your damages.
In cases where the other driver has been arrested for a DUI, DWI, or other criminal charges, it is still necessary to pursue compensation by filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Although the criminal case will be separate from your civil case, a personal injury attorney can use the information in your accident report, along with other legal documentation, to help you seek fair compensation for your pain and suffering, lost wages, vehicle damage, and other losses.
What Other Services, Reports, and Police records are Available from the Mesquite police department?
- Booking reports
- Fingerprinting services
- Arrest logs
- Arrest records
- Criminal records
- Background checks
- Arrest warrants
- Registry of sex offender
How Can I Get My Police Crash report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can search our extensive accident report information center to locate a copy of your Texas crash report online, the moment it’s available. To begin your search now, fill out the form on this page and submit your collision information to get assistance.