Get Your Copy of Your Traffic Crash Report Now
At AccidentReports.com, we offer the fastest way you can obtain a copy of your collision report, the minute it’s available. Take advantage of our extensive collision report support center and get assistance with searching for your report now.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Obtain a Copy of My Traffic Crash Report?
If you need to obtain a copy of your Miami police report, you can use the support center at AccidentReports.com, submit your accident information, and start your search for your crash report now.
Another option is to go through the Miami Police Department. Unfortunately, the Miami Dade Police Department only offers one way to obtain your collision report.
Online Searches and Requests Using the South Florida Crash Portal
Due to COVID19 restrictions, the Miami Dade Police Department does not allow an in-person request or a written mail request at this time. Instead of an in-person request or a request by mail, to obtain a copy of a Miami Dade Police Department report online, you must visit the police department’s Florida Crash Portal and obtain a copy of your official police report through their Records Division. For online searches on the Florida Crash Portal, you must fill out the public records request form and provide your email address and a copy of proper identification. You will be limited to ten reports per transaction. Once your request has been submitted to the South Miami Police Department’s online portal, you must wait at least four weeks for your crash record request to be processed.
If you have any questions concerning the status of your official police report request, you can contact the Miami Dade Police Department Records Unit by phone at (305)-603-6477 Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
When Will Copies of Crash Report Be Available?
You must wait a minimum of ten days before you request a copy of your Miami public records. Once you have made your request, it can take up to four weeks before you have access to reports. However, if the accident involved a crash with injury, a fatality, or a violent crime, your official police report may be unavailable until the crime investigators have concluded their investigation.
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Obtain Copies of Accident Reports?
To obtain Miami public records, you must provide the following information:
- The full name of one of the parties involved in the accident
- License plate number or VIN
- Time, date, and the location of the accident
What Information is in an Accident Police Report?
In a Miami and Tampa accident report you’ll find the following information:
- The names, addresses, and contact details of all parties involved
- Date, time, and the location of the accident
- Diagram of the accident
- A description of vehicle damage
- A description of bodily injuries
- A description of road and weather conditions, and additional details concerning any contributing factors to the accident
- Insurance policy information
- The crash narrative, which details the events that led up to the accident and who the law enforcement officials believe was at fault.
How Much Does an Official Police Report in Miami-Dade County Cost?
Copies of an accident report will cost $12.00 per report. Credit cards and debit cards are both accepted forms of payment.
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Miami-Dade County Traffic Police Report?
If you plan to pursue compensation from the other driver’s insurance company, due to injuries, property damage, and other losses, an accident report includes key information that can be used as evidence in a claim. This includes a description of property damage and personal injuries, as well as the responding police officer’s opinion concerning who they believe was negligent. With this information, a personal injury attorney can help you receive a comprehensive settlement agreement from the at-fault driver’s insurance provider.
What is the Fastest Way to Obtain a Copy of My Miami-Dade County Traffic Accident Report?
The easiest and fastest way to obtain a copy of your FL accident report is by using the information center at AccidentReports.com and submitting your accident information. Searches are fast and simple. Now, you can search for your Miami-Dade County accident report and obtain your copy online, the minute it’s available. Don’t put off obtaining this important document for your records. Start your search now.
Accident Report City & County Lookup
- Cape Coral, FL accident report
- Coral Springs, FL accident report
- Florida, FL accident report
- Fort Lauderdale, FL accident report
- Gainesville, FL accident report
- Hialeah, FL accident report
- Hollywood, FL accident report
- Jacksonville, FL accident report
- Miramar, FL accident report
- Orlando, FL accident report
- Pembroke Pines, FL accident report
- Port St. Lucie, FL accident report
- St. Petersburg, FL accident report
- Tallahassee, FL accident report
- Tampa, FL accident report