A Simple Way to Get Your Traffic Report in Plano
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our crash report information center to search for your collision report and obtain a copy as soon as possible. Fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information to get started.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Plano Traffic Report?
You can get a copy of your Plano police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Plano Police Department.
The Plano Police Headquarters offers two ways to get a copy of your traffic report.
Public Records Request Online
Visit the Plano Police Department’s website to learn more about obtaining a copy of your collision report online. Keep in mind, that online Plano police records are processed in the order they’re received.
Requesting Plano Police Records In-Person
Accident victims can visit the Plano Police Department in person to fill out a Records Request Form to obtain a copy of their report.
The Plano Police Department is located at:
909 14th St
The Records Unit business hours are Monday-Friday, 7 am to 7 pm.
Contact the department before you pick up your report to ensure it’s available.
Plano Police Records Division phone: 972-941-2019
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Get My Crash Report?
- Your full name
- Date, time, and location of the accident
How Much Do Accident Reports Cost?
Texas crash reports are $6 per copy. Accepted forms of payment include money order, personal check, debit cards, and credit cards.
What Information is in a Collision Report?
- The names and contact information for all parties involved in the collision
- Name of reporting police officer
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- Actions of police officers
- Insurance information
- Vehicle plate numbers and VIN
- A diagram of the accident scene
- The traffic crash narrative, which is a written statement by the reporting law enforcement officer concerning who they believe was responsible for the accident and how the accident occurred
- Witness statements and contact information
- A description of personal injuries sustained in the accident
- Description of vehicle damage and property damage
Who Can Get an Unredacted Traffic Crash Report?
- All parties involved in the auto accident
- The legal guardian or parent of a minor involved in the car collision
- An accident lawyer
- An insurance carrier
- Vehicle owner
- Officers from Plano Police Department
When Will My Crash Report Be Available?
Crash data requests are processed in the order they’re received. In many cases, you will receive a traffic report within ten business days. However, if there is an ongoing crash investigation due to a fatality, severe personal injury, or crime, it can take several weeks or months until your report is available.
Why Do I Need to Get Copies of Motor Vehicle Reports?
If you sustained injuries in an automobile accident, you can file an auto insurance claim to cover the cost of your damages. A motor vehicle crash report contains important information that you can use to help strengthen your claim and prove the other driver should be held accountable for their negligence. This important information in Plano police records includes the reporting law enforcement officer’s opinion regarding who they believe was negligent, a diagram of the accident scene, a description of vehicle damage, a description of bodily injuries sustained in the accident, witness statements, and more. An experienced personal injury attorney can use this vital information to build a strong case that will hold the other driver’s insurance company liable for damages.
How Can I Get My Motor Vehicle Crash Report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can search our crash report information center to locate a copy of your accident report as soon as it’s available. Finally, a simple, fast way to get a copy of your collision report from the comfort of your home. Don’t put off obtaining this important document for your records. Start your search now.
Accident Report City & County Lookup
- Amarillo, TX accident report
- Arlington, TX accident report
- Austin, TX accident report
- Corpus Christi, TX accident report
- Dallas, TX accident report
- El Paso, TX accident report
- Fort Worth, TX accident report
- Frisco, TX accident report
- Garland, TX accident report
- Houston, TX accident report
- Irving, TX accident report
- Laredo, TX accident report
- Lubbock, TX accident report
- San Antonio, TX accident report
- Texas, TX accident report