Connecticut Accident Reports

Connecticut Accident Reports Online

At, you can obtain a copy of your collision report by searching our crash report information center. Searches are simple and hassle-free.To get started now, fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information for assistance.

Connecticut Accident Reports - FAQ

The PR-1 Connecticut Uniform Police Crash Report

If you’re involved in a motor vehicle collision in Connecticut, law enforcement will fill out the Connecticut Uniform Police Crash Report form (PR-1).A Connecticut Uniform Police Crash Report must be filed if:

  • The auto accident involved any type of vehicle damage or personal property damage
  • The motor vehicle collision involved a fatality
  • The automobile accident involved any type of personal injury, regardless of how minor

How Do I Get a Copy of My Traffic Police Report?

You can get a copy of your Connecticut police report at, or you can obtain a copy from local law enforcement agencies or the Connecticut State Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. The Connecticut State Police Department files its reports with the Connecticut State Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.The Connecticut State Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection offers two ways to obtain your report.

Online Incident Report Request

Visit the Connecticut State Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection’s website and fill out the online request form to obtain a copy of your report online. You will need to provide accident information, such as the time, date, and location of the accident, your full name, report number, contact information, and email address.Keep in mind that the site may not have accident reports from all law enforcement agencies in the state.

By Mail

To obtain a copy of your motor vehicle accident report, you can send a written request to:Department of Emergency Services and Public ProtectionDivision of State PoliceReports and Records1111 Country Club RoadMiddletown, CT 06457

Email Requests and Fax Accident Report Requests

At this time, the Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection does not accept email or fax requests for copies of incident reports.If you have questions about how to obtain your report from the DESPP, contact them by phone at: (860) 685-8250.

When Will My Incident report Be Available?

Most crash reports will be available within ten business days following the date of the motor vehicle collision. You must wait at least five business days before requesting copies of reports to allow time for the report to go through the review process.

How Much Do Copies of Police Reports Cost?

Copies of incident reports will cost $10-$16. Accepted forms of payment include debit card, credit card, money order, or check.

What Information is in a Traffic collision Report?

In copies of motor vehicle reports, you’ll find the following information:

  • The names and contact information for all parties involved including email address, physical address, and phone number
  • License plate numbers and VIN
  • Description of personal injuries, vehicle damage, other types of personal property damage (smartphones, laptop, etc.)
  • Type of incident (scooter, pedestrian, motorcycle accident, semi-truck, rollover, head-on collision, rear-end accident, bicycle accident, drunk driving accident, etc.)
  • Diagram of the accident scene
  • Drivers license numbers
  • Vehicle registration information
  • Connecticut State Police Officer’s name and badge number
  • Witness contact information and statements
  • Crash narrative, which is an accident information summary that includes who the responding police officer believes was responsible for the collision and how the car crash occurred.
  • Insurance policy information
  • Anything that may have contributed to the automobile accident (animal, road debris, traffic jam, poor weather conditions, etc.)
  • Any arrests made or citations issued DWI, DUI, reckless driving, etc.)

Why Do I Need to Get Copies of Reports?

If you were injured in the auto accident and/or your vehicle was damaged or totaled, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for damages.

Working With Legal professionals – Filing an Insurance claim or Personal injury Lawsuit 

If you suffered damages due to a traffic collision that was not your fault, you can file a personal injury accident claim or lawsuit to pursue compensation. A crash report contains information that a personal injury attorney can use as evidence, including the responding Connecticut State Police officer’s opinion regarding who they believe was negligent, a description of your injuries, vehicle damage, and personal property damage, any citations issued during the time of the collision, road and weather conditions, and more. This information can help strengthen your claim for compensation.

DWI/DUI/Criminal Charges 

If you were involved in a drunk driving accident, the other motorist may be facing criminal charges for a DUI or DWI. However, their case will be held separate from your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. You must still pursue compensation for your pain and suffering, injuries, and other damages. If you hire a personal injury law firm, an attorney can handle the auto accident investigation and use the information in the police report to help you recover compensation, even if the other driver’s criminal charges are dismissed. 

A Practical Way to Get Your Connecticut Crash Reports Online

If you were severely injured in a motor vehicle accident in Connecticut and you want to pursue a claim for compensation for your injuries and other damages, you can take advantage of the collision report information center available at and search for a copy of your report as soon as it’s available. Searches are fast and hassle-free.

Fill Out the Form on this Page to Begin Your Online Accident Report Search

Accident Report City & County Lookup

    Accident Report State Lookup