Request A West Virginia Crash Report Online
At AccidentReports.com, we’ve made it easier for accident victims to get a copy of their report once it’s available. Take advantage of our online collision report information center now to search for your report and get your copy the minute it’s ready. Begin your search now by filling out the form on this page.
West Virginia Traffic collision Report Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Motor Vehicle Crash Report?
You can get a copy of your West Virginia police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the West Virginia State Police, or other local law enforcement agencies.The West Virginia State Police offers two ways to get copies of reports:
Fill Out a Report Request Form In-Person
You can visit the West Virginia State Police and fill out a Crash Report Form Request to obtain a copy of your driver report.The West Virginia State Police Department is located at:701 Jefferson RoadSouth Charleston, West Virginia25309Contact the department by phone, before you attempt to pick up your report to ensure it’s available.Phone: (304) 746-2499
You can send a written request for your formal police report to the West Virginia State Police Department and send your written request to:ATTN: Traffic Records Section701 Jefferson RoadSouth Charleston, West Virginia25309You must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope and the appropriate fee.
How Much Do Motor Vehicle Crash Reports Cost?
A WV traffic report is $25 per copy. Forms of accepted payment include certified checks, money orders, business checks, and credit cards.
What Information is in an Accident Investigation Report?
- Names and contact information of all parties involved
- Description of bodily injury/personal injury sustained
- Description of damage to vehicle
- Crash damage to personal property
- Diagram of the auto accident scene
- Description of circumstances of traffic crashes
- The opinion of the investigating law enforcement officer concerning who they believe was at fault for the motor vehicle collision
- License plate numbers/vehicle identification number
- Insurance policy information
- Police officer’s name and badge number
- Any citations issued or arrests made (DUI, DWI, speeding, reckless driving, etc.)
- Accident type (Uber, rollover, head-on collision, scooter, motorcycle crash, semi-truck accident, pedestrian, etc.)
- Anything that may have contributed to the automobile accident (road debris, animal, pedestrian, traffic jam, bicyclist, etc.)
Why Can't I Locate My Traffic Police Records?
If you were involved in a crash on a rural road or highway, or your crash took place outside of the State Police’s jurisdiction, contact one of the following sheriff’s departments:
- Grant County Sheriff’s Department
- Hampshire County Sheriff’s Department
- Mineral County Sheriff’s Department
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Motor Vehicle Crash Report?
Crash victims should obtain a copy of their traffic report as soon as possible for insurance purposes.When you’re involved in an accident and sustain personal injuries or property damage, you may be eligible to pursue a personal injury claim for compensation. An accident report contains important information, including the reporting police officer’s opinion regarding which driver they believe was negligent, a description of property damage and personal injuries, any citations that were issued, and other vital information that can help a personal injury attorney build a strong case for your compensation claim. This basic report is essential evidence that an accident attorney can use to back up their evaluation of damages and negotiate a fair settlement that will provide the compensation you need to move on with your life.
West Virginia Accident Report Lookup
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our crash report information center and search for your traffic report as soon as it’s available. Searches are fast and simple. To start your search, fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information for assistance.
Fill Out the Form on this Page to Begin Your Online Accident Report Search