A Simple Way to Get a Copy of Your Crash Report
If you don’t have time to visit your local law enforcement agency in person or wait around for your report to arrive in the mail, AccidentReports.com has the perfect solution. Take advantage of our easy-to-use crash report information center today to locate a copy of your traffic report. To get started, fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information.
Iowa Accident Reports - FAQ
The 433002 01-01 Iowa Accident Report Form
The 433002 01-01 Iowa Accident Report form must be filled out for a motor vehicle collision that results in:
- A fatality
- Property damage of $1,000 or more
- Any type of personal injury, regardless of how minor
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Iowa Crash Report?
You can get a copy of your Iowa police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Iowa Department of Transportation.You can obtain a copy of your traffic accident report one way through the Iowa Department of Transportation.
If you were involved in an auto accident, you can send a written request to the Iowa Department of Transportation, also referred to as IDOT.Mail your request to:Iowa Department of TransportationDriver & Identification ServicesP.O. Box 9204Des Moines, Iowa 50306-9204If you have not received copies of accident reports after ten business days, contact IDOT during normal business hours.
How Much Do Collision Reports Cost?
Iowa accident reports can have a cost that ranges from $4-$15 per copy.
Who Can Obtain a Copy of My Motor Vehicle Crash Report?
- Any party involved in the accident
- Owner of one of the vehicles involved
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor
- Legal representative
- Insurance representative
What Information is in a Traffic collision Incident report?
- The contact information for all parties involved, including phone number and email address
- The date, time, and location of the accident
- Insurance policy information
- Drivers license numbers
- Vehicle identification number
- Incident description
- Diagram of the automobile accident scene
- Description of personal injuries, vehicle damage, and other personal property damage
- Law enforcement officer crash narrative-A summary of how the automobile accident occurred and which driver was at fault
- Anything that may have contributed to the motor vehicle collision (road debris, traffic jam, animal, broken or missing traffic lights or signs, etc.)
- Accident type (rollover, head-on collision, hit-and-run, motorcycle collision, Uber, etc.)
- Vehicle registration information
- Witness contact details
- The name of the responding law enforcement agency, the name and badge number of the reporting police officer
Why Should I Get a Copy of My Traffic Crash Report?
If you sustained injuries and/or vehicle damage due to the negligence of another driver, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim or a personal injury lawsuit. When a police officer fills out a crash report, they conduct an investigation to determine how the accident occurred, why, and which driver was at fault. This information is also included in the accident report, as well as other important information, such as a description of any injuries you sustained and vehicle damage. If a driver received citations for the accident, admitted fault, or witnesses made statements regarding the accident, this information will also be included in the report.
Filing an Insurance claim or Personal injury Lawsuit
With the information in an auto accident report, an experienced personal injury lawyer can build a strong insurance claim that can help you receive the compensation you deserve for pain and suffering, injuries, vehicle damage, and other losses.
DWI/DUI, Criminal Charges
If you were involved in a drunk driving accident, you must still file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. If the other motorist is facing DUI or DWI charges, your civil case will be separate from their criminal case. An attorney can help you file the appropriate paperwork and use the information in the motor vehicle collision report to help you recover compensation for pain and suffering, vehicle damage, and other losses.
Can I Get a Copy of My Crash Report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our easy-to-use collision report information center to search for a copy of your traffic report and obtain a copy as soon as it’s available. At AccidentReports.com, we know how stressful life can be following an accident, especially if you were injured. Using our crash report information center, you can obtain a copy of this important document from the comfort of your home. Fill out the form on this page and submit your accident information to get assistance.