How AccidentReports.com Can Help
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our collision report information center and search for your report from law enforcement agencies all over the state, as soon as it’s available. Searches are fast and simple. Start your search now by filling out the form on this page and submitting your accident information.
Nevada Accident Reports - FAQ
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Nevada Traffic collision Report?
You can get a copy of your Nevada police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can obtain your copy through one of three local Nevada Highway Patrol Headquarters, in a couple of different ways.
Public Records Request In-Person
You can visit one of the three Nevada Highway Patrol Departments to request your report in person and fill out a Public Records Request Form.Nevada Highway Patrol locations and contact information are as follows:
- Northern Command West
357 Hammill LaneReno, NV 89511Phone: (775) 687-9600
- Northern Command East
3920 East Idaho StreetElko, NV 89801Phone: (775) 753-1111
- Southern Command
4615 W. Sunset Rd.Las Vegas, NV 89118Phone: (702) 486-4100Police Department Regional Office Hours: Mon – Fri, 8 am – 5 pmContact the desired department before you pick up a copy of your traffic accident report to ensure it’s available.
What’s in an Incident report?
- The names and contact details of all parties involved
- Auto accident type (rollover, head-on collision, motorcycle crash, scooter, Uber, pedestrian, etc.)
- Anything that may have contributed to the motor vehicle collision (traffic jam, road debris, animal, etc.)
- Any arrests made or citations issued (DWI, DUI, failure to yield, etc.)
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers
- Vehicle identification number
- Vehicle registration information
- Insurance policy information
- The name of the responding law enforcement agency, name of reporting police officer and their badge number
- A description of any personal injury
- A description of vehicle damage and other types of personal property damage
- Witness contact information
- Crash narrative
- Diagram of the auto accident site
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Obtain a Copy of My Police Department Report?
You must provide the following information:
- Date of the accident
- Report type
- Last name of the involved party
- Crash number
- Contact information including phone number and email address
How Much Does a Police Report Cost?
On average, Nevada accident reports will cost $10 per copy. Accepted forms of payment include credit card, debit card, money order, and personal check.
Who Can Obtain Unredacted Individual Crash Reports?
- Any party involved in the accident
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor
- Vehicle owner
- Insurance representative
- Legal representative
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Official Police Report?
If you sustained injuries or property damage due to the motor vehicle accident, you may be eligible to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit to obtain compensation for your damages.Certain information in an individual crash report can be used as evidence to prove liability in a claim.This information includes:
- The crash narrative-The responding police officer’s opinion regarding who they believe was at fault for the collision
- Description of the vehicle damage and personal property damage
- Description of bodily injury
- Any traffic citations issued
- Drivers statements
- Witness statements
- Descriptions of road and weather conditions
An accident report pursuant can provide their personal injury attorney with a copy of this document to help prove negligence. An experienced accident attorney from a personal injury law firm can use the official police report to build a strong claim against the insurance company and hold the negligent driver accountable for their negligence.
Search for Your Nevada Crash Report
You can take advantage of the crash report information center available at AccidentReports.com now and search for your accident report. On our site, you can obtain a copy of your crash report online, as soon as it’s available. Finally, a fast, safe, and convenient way to get a copy of your accident report, hassle-free.