Get Your Crash Report Online from AccidentReports.com
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our collision report information center to search for a copy of your report, as soon as it’s available. At AccidentReports.com, we offer a fast, simple, and hassle-free way to get your report as soon as possible. Start your search now by filling out the form on this page and submitting your accident information to get assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Report?
You can get a copy of your District of Columbia police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Metropolitan Police Department.The Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, DC offers three ways to get a copy of your report.
Request Records In-Person
To visit the agency in person, you must schedule an appointment with the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington, DC. Once you’ve made an appointment, you can visit the department to request a copy of your traffic report in person. You will need to fill out a Records Request Form and pay the appropriate fee.The Metropolitan Police Department is located at:Metropolitan Police DepartmentPublic Documents SectionATTN: Accident/Incident Reports300 Indiana Avenue NW, Room 3075Washington, DC 20001Contact the department to schedule your appointment: (202) 727-4357.
Send a written request for Metropolitan Police Department police records, along with your mailing address, accident details, payment, a self-addressed stamped envelope, and a copy of your driver’s license or government-issued photo ID.Mail your request to:Metropolitan Police DepartmentPublic Documents SectionATTN: Accident/Incident Reports300 Indiana Avenue NW, Room 3075Washington, DC20001
Requests for Records By Email
For email requests, visit the Metropolitan Police Department’s website and fill out an online form and include your email address to learn more.
When Will My Washington, DC Police District Report Be Available?
You must wait six weeks before you request a copy of your report. Your report request will be processed in the order it’s received.
What Information is in a Washington D.C. Collision Report?
- The time and date of the accident
- Crash location
- The names and contact information of all parties involved
- The police officer’s opinion regarding who they believe was at fault for the car crash
- A diagram of the accident scene
- Witness statements and contact information
- Insurance information
- Driver’s license numbers
- License plate numbers and VINs
- Accident type, such as collision with pedestrian, rollover, hit-and-run, etc.
- Road and weather conditions
- Any criminal activity/criminal offense/citations issued
- Actions of police officers
Who Can Get an Unredacted Copies of Accident Reports?
The following parties are eligible to receive a copy of their Washington D.C. police records crash report from law enforcement agencies:
- All parties involved in the accident
- Legal representative
- Insurance carrier
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor involved in the accident
- Vehicle owner
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Traffic Collision Police Report?
If you were injured in the accident and/or your vehicle was damaged, you can file a claim for compensation and hold the negligent driver responsible for your damages. An accident attorney will use the information in a crash report to help strengthen your insurance claim.Helpful information can include:
- The police officer’s statement regarding how the accident took place and who they believe was at fault
- A description of your injuries/injury status
- A description of damage to property
- Witness statements
- Diagram of the crash scene
- Accident type, such as pedestrian crash
How Can I Get My Traffic Collision Report Online?
At AccidentReports.com, you can take advantage of our crash report information center to get a copy of your traffic police report as soon as it’s available. Getting a copy of your report has never been easier. Get started now by filling out the form on this page.
Fill Out the Form on this Page to Begin Your Online Accident Report Search