A Simple Way to Get Your Traffic Crash report
At AccidentReports.com, We’ve made it our mission to help accident victims get their copies of crash reports as soon as they’re available, without having to leave the comfort of their homes. Using our information center, you can instantly search for your collision report online and get a copy of this important document for your records.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain My Traffic accident Report?
You can use the information center at AccidentReports.com to search for your crash report now. You can also obtain your report through the San Francisco police department in a few ways. Unfortunately, the SFPD does not allow phone call requests for reports at this time.
Request Records Via the Online Portal
You can request a copy of your San Francisco police report by visiting the San Francisco Police Department’s website and filling out the online form to make your request. The report can be mailed to you or you can pick it up in person. Visit the San Francisco Police department’s website to learn more.
Public Records Request By Mail
Fill out the appropriate request form based on the type of incident and mail it to the San Francisco Police Department:
Crime Information Services Unit / Records Management
1245 3rd Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA
You can request records in person and visit the San Francisco Police Department. You will need to fill out the appropriate request form, based on the type of incident.
The Police Station is located at:
1245 3rd Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA
Contact the police department prior to picking up your report to ensure it’s available.
Regular business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and closed on holidays.
Keep in mind, all traffic accident report requests are processed through the Crime Information Services Unit during regular business hours only.
When Will My Collision report Be Available?
The San Francisco police department requires you to wait a minimum of five business days from the date of the accident before you make your request, to allow the report to be reviewed and approved for release. It can take up to twelve business days before your report is available. If your report is still not available after twelve business days contact the law enforcement agency directly.
How Much Does a South San francisco Traffic report Cost?
San Francisco and Fresno accident reports cost $10 per report.
Who Can Request a San mateo county Unredacted South San francisco Accident report?
Per police policy, the following parties can request an unredacted copy of a California accident report:
- All parties involved in the accident
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor
- The registered owner/legal owner of the vehicle
- The legal representative of one of the parties involved, such as an accident attorney
- The insurance company or insurance adjuster
What Information is in an Original Report?
- Contact information for all parties involved in the motor vehicle crash, including their full names and contact details, as well as any witnesses.
- The reporting law enforcement officer’s assessment of who was at fault and how and why the accident occurred.
- A diagram depicting the crash site, including details such as vehicle positions, road markings, and other pertinent information.
- Information on insurance policies held by all drivers involved in the accident.
- Driver’s license numbers and license plate numbers/vehicle identification numbers for all drivers involved.
- Description of personal injuries sustained in the crash, including any medical treatment required, hospitalization, and follow-up care.
- Description of vehicle and property damage incurred during the accident, including cost estimates and photographs.
- Statements provided by witnesses and their contact information, including those that may support or contradict the law enforcement officer’s findings.
- Citations issued or arrests made, including violations such as speeding, reckless driving, DUI, DWI, failure to yield, etc.
- Details on road and weather conditions at the time of the accident, as well as any other factors that may have contributed to the crash, such as road debris, pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycles, trucks, or broken traffic signals or signs.
- Actions taken by the police officers in response to the accident.
- The type of accident that occurred, such as a scooter, Uber, truck, motorcycle, head-on collision, rear-end accident, rollover collision, scooter, or pedestrian incident.
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Obtain My Accident report?
For this report type, you must provide as much information as possible, including:
- Your full name and phone number
- Incident type
- Location of occurrence
- Time and date of accident
- License plate number
- Report number, if available
Why Do I Need a Copy of My Incident report?
After a serious car collision, you may have sustained catastrophic injuries, significant vehicle damage, and you may be out of work as you’re recovering from your injuries. An experienced accident attorney can use the valuable information found in a crash report to hold the negligent driver liable for damages.
Working With a Personal injury attorney
Crash reports contain information including an unbiased opinion from the responding law enforcement officer concerning who they believe should be held at fault for the accident. With this information, an attorney can pursue compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Get Your CA Crash report Faster
At AccidentReports.com, our extensive information center can help you locate your accident report in California. With our service, you won’t have to travel to the police department in person or wait for your report to arrive in the mail. Take advantage of our free support center and submit your accident information to start your search for your CA accident report now.