Help When You Need it
At AccidentReports.com, we’ve created a fast and easy way to get a copy of your St. Paul crash report online from law enforcement agencies all over the state. Our collision report information center allows you to search for your accident report and obtain a copy of this important document as soon as it’s available.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Report?
You can get a copy of your St. Paul police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the St. Paul Police Department.
You can visit the St. Paul Police Department in person to fill out a Records Request Form to obtain copies of police reports. The department is located in Ramsey County, at:1411 Paul Kirkwold Drive Arden Hills, Minnesota 55112. Patrol station hours are Mon-Fri 8 am-8 pm.
Crash Report-Obtain By Mail
Send a written request to: Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office Records Unit1411 Paul Kirkwold Drive Arden Hills, Minnesota 55112. Along with a written request, crash victims must include a self-addressed, stamped envelope and the appropriate fee. Acceptable forms of payment include money order or personal check made payable to Ramsey County.
When Will My Crash Report Be Available?
A Minnesota accident report will be available in four to six business days, from the date of the accident. If the collision involved a fatality, bodily injury, a crime, or significant property damage, your report may be unavailable for several days or weeks.
What Information is in a West St. Paul Accident Report?
- Names of persons involved
- The contact information for all parties involved including phone number, and valid email address
- Insurance policy information
- Vehicle registration plate number
- License plate numbers and VINs
- Citations issued for traffic or criminal incidents
- Diagram of the accident scene
- Description of vehicle damage and other personal property damage
- Description of bodily injury
- Law enforcement agency and the dedicated officer’s full name and badge number
- Witness contact information and statements
- If the accident involved a commercial motor vehicle, the report will include commercial vehicle accident information
- A crash summary that includes the law enforcement officer’s opinion concerning who they believe was at fault for the car collision
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Get My Report?
When you request your crash report you must provide the full name of one of the parties involved, the case number, and your contact information. You must also provide a driver’s license or a government-issued ID.
Who Can Obtain an Unredacted Copy of an Accident Police Report?
- Any party involved will have access to traffic crash reports
- Agent of owner of vehicle
- Legal representative or personal representative
- The parent or legal guardian of a minor
- An authorized agent from the insurance company
What is the Cost for Copies of Crash Reports?
St. Paul accident reports will cost $0.25 per page.
Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Collision Report?
If you were injured in an automobile accident in Minnesota, you may be eligible to file a personal injury insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault driver’s insurance company to receive financial compensation for medical bills, bodily injury, vehicle repair or replacement, pain and suffering, loss of quality of life, and other damages. An insurance representative will contact you shortly after the accident to get your side of the story to determine liability. Your legal representative can use the information found in an accident report to help strengthen your auto accident injury case and prove liability if the information in the report indicates that the other driver was at fault for the car collision. Important information found in this document that can help your case includes a description of the injuries you sustained at the time of the accident, damage done to your vehicle, and a statement made by the responding law enforcement officer concerning who they believe was at fault for the accident. Accident details such as road conditions, weather conditions, missing or damaged traffic signs or lights, and a diagram of the accident scene can also help your attorney build a stronger case.
A Practical Way to Get Your Online Report
If you were involved in a traffic accident, you need access to police department reports as soon as possible. At AccidentReports.com, we’re here to help. We know how difficult life is after a serious auto accident, so we decided to create a site that makes it easier for accident victims to obtain a copy of their accident reports, as soon as they’re available. Take advantage of our crash report information center to start your search for your collision report now.
Fill Out the Form on this Page to Begin Your Online Accident Report Search