A Simple Way to Get Your Milwaukee Traffic Report

At AccidentReports.com, you can search our traffic accident report information center and locate a copy of your Milwaukee crash report online, as soon as it’s available. Searching for your accident report has never been easier. Start your search now by filling out the form on this page.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Obtain a Copy of My Report?

You can get a copy of your Milwaukee police report at AccidentReports.com, or you can go through the Milwaukee Police Department or another local law enforcement agency.The Milwaukee Police Department Accident Records Unit offers three ways to get a copy of your official MV4000 accident report.


You can visit the Milwaukee Police Department in person and fill out a Records Request form to obtain a copy of your traffic report. The Milwaukee Police Department is located at:2333 N. 49th Street (2nd Floor)Milwaukee, WI53210Hours of Operation: Tuesdays and Thursdays – 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

By Mail

You can send a written request to the Milwaukee Police Department to obtain a copy of your crash report. You must include payment and a self-addressed, stamped envelope.Send your request to:Open Records SectionMilwaukee Police DepartmentPO Box 531Milwaukee, WI53201Crash Reports (MV4000)

By Phone

You can contact the Milwaukee Police Department by phone to request copies of accident reports. Reports must be picked up in person. Requests for reports that involve fatal accidents must be made in person.Phone: (414) 935-7502

What Information is in a Collision Report?

The traffic report contains the following law enforcement investigative information:

  • The reporting police officer’s opinion concerning which party they believe was negligent
  • A description of bodily injuries, property damage, vehicle damage
  • A diagram of the crash scene
  • Insurance information
  • Driver’s license numbers
  • License plate numbers/VINs
  • Weather and road conditions
  • Any citations issued
  • Time, date, and location of accident
  • Names and contact details for all parties involved
  • Name of reporting law enforcement officer
  • Accident type, such as head-on crash, double-fatal wrong-way crash, etc.

Who Can Get an Unredacted Traffic Report?

  • All parties involved in the collision
  • The vehicle owner
  • Insurance company
  • Accident attorney
  • Law enforcement officer
  • The parent or legal guardian of a minor involved in the auto accident

Why Do I Need to Get a Copy of My Collision Police Report?

If you were injured in an auto accident and/or sustained vehicle damage, you may be entitled to pursue compensation for accident-related damages through an accident insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. An accident attorney will use the information in a traffic report to help you receive a fair settlement. This important information includes:

  • The crash narrative, which is the reporting law enforcement officer’s opinion regarding how the accident took place and which party was at fault
  • A diagram of the crash site
  • Weather and road conditions
  • Any citations issued for traffic law violations

An experienced accident attorney will use a traffic report as evidence when negotiating with the other driver’s insurance company for accident-related damages.

When Will My Report Be Available?

Report requests can take ten to twelve business days to process. However, if there is an ongoing law enforcement investigation, due to a fatal crash, wrong-way crash, violent crime, or another incident, your report may be unavailable for several weeks or months, until the accident investigation has concluded.

How Can I Get My Police Crash Report Online?

At AccidentReports.com, we’ve made it easier for accident victims to get a copy of their Wisconsin accident reports as soon as possible, from the comfort of their homes. Start your search now by filling out the form on this page and submitting your accident information to get assistance. Fill Out the Form on this Page to Begin Your Online Accident Report Search

Accident Report City & County Lookup